Hey Genius!

You forgot to wear pants!
Ha ha! Made you look!

November 09, 2005

More Radio-Call-In Genius

11/09/2005 05:17:00 p.m.

I've already documented my odd ability to request songs. Today I used my superpower to help a co-worker score tickets to a concert.

Some background: I have a co-worker--let's call him Greg--who is the biggest fan of the band Queens of the Stone Age. He's going to the upcoming Nine Inch Nails show, not to see NIN so much but to catch QOTSA, who are opening.

So last week, a radio station said that the Queens were going to do an acoustic concert before the show, and the only way to get tickets was to win 'em from the station. Greg's been streaming the radio station at work since then, trying to get in and win the tickets. I was helping out 'cause, hey, why not?

Today he points at me and says "Go", so I start dialing. Busy signal, redial. Busy, redial. Ring ring ring, DJ voice: "You're caller six, I'm looking for nine," click. Well crap, so close and yet so far. But I keep trying. Busy, redial; busy, redial; ring ring ring, DJ: "Hi, what's your name?" I pass the phone to Greg and he starts doing a goofy little Snoopy dance.

Yeah, he won the tickets. Yeah, he owes me lunch sometime.

Nice to know I've still got the touch...



Nano: moving along. Behind, but who isn't? (Okay, I know there are people who are already done...)

3 Comments:

At Thursday, November 17, 2005 11:29:00 p.m., Blogger Douglas Hoffman said...

See, I knew you could blog & nano at the same time. Easier than rubbing your belly, etc. ;o)

 
At Friday, November 18, 2005 7:34:00 a.m., Blogger Pat J said...

You'll note that this post is over a week old...

OTOH, I did get 2500 words last night.

OTOOH, "hziwych" is my secret code this time, which to me reads like a Ukrainian last name...

 
At Tuesday, November 22, 2005 10:39:00 p.m., Blogger Douglas Hoffman said...

That's Polish ;o)

I wrote a post you'll like. It's up at the BBS SF board, too, if you prefer.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home