Hey Genius!

You forgot to wear pants!
Ha ha! Made you look!

October 09, 2005

Reminiscences (#1 in a series to come)

10/09/2005 01:47:00 p.m.

My wife reminded me of this one the other day.

When you're lovers in a dangerous time,
Sometimes you're made to feel as if your love's a crime.
Nothing worth having comes without some kind of fight
You gotta kick at the darkness till it bleeds daylight.


Back when I lived in rez at the University, I had the uncanny knack, on request nights, of being able to get through to the radio station on the third try. Two rounds of busy signal, and on the third attempt, virtually without fail, I'd end up talking to the DJ. So my friends usually got me to call in their requests.

One night we were sitting around and my friend Jill came up with a request. The phone was passed to me, and on the third try, I got through:

Me: Hi, I'd like to request "Lovers in a Dangerous Time" by the Barenaked Ladies.

DJ: Ok, is that going out to anyone?

Me: Yeah, I'd like to dedicate it to Steve and Rico.

DJ: [long pause] ...o-o-o-o-o-kay.

It only occurred to me after I hung up that he might have had less hesitation in his voice if he'd known that Steve and Rico were Jill's goldfish.

But they played the song anyways.

2 Comments:

At Monday, October 10, 2005 6:40:00 p.m., Blogger Douglas Hoffman said...

And here I thought they might have been gay penguins!

 
At Thursday, November 17, 2005 9:55:00 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

You forgot to mention the "Dead fish scrolls" and why it was dangerous to be Jill's fish. Perhaps that's a blog for another time...

C.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home