Hey Genius!

You forgot to wear pants!
Ha ha! Made you look!

September 15, 2005

Siding (4)

9/15/2005 07:53:00 p.m.

So. Siding arrived at about 8AM. Insulation on the north wall proceeds apace. We need about two more full sheets on the second layer (we're achieving 2-inch foam by using 2 layers of 1-inch foam, offset at the seams to dissuade wind), then we can take down the scaffolding and get started on actually putting up the siding. The end's not in sight yet, but it's actually starting to look like we might finish this job.

Mmmm, suppertime. Gotta fly!

Later—So yeah. My father spent most of his day up the scaffolding, measuring and nailing, while I was on the ground, serving as sawyer. We've got a custom-ground jigsaw blade to cut the foam, and it works a treat, let me tell you.

I got pretty good at slicing and dicing the insulation, if I do say so myself. Most of the pieces fit nice and snug, and there were some complicated shapes, thanks to windows and the occasional board not hanging quite square and true.

My feet hurt. It's been a long time since I've spent this much time each day on my feet, and I can tell.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home