Hey Genius!

You forgot to wear pants!
Ha ha! Made you look!

October 14, 2005

Movies

10/14/2005 06:45:00 p.m.

I watched Serenity again on Tuesday. It's still a great film, especially if you love SF. I would love to see it a third time, but I don't know if I can justify it. (Maybe I'll just do it anyway. The hell with justifying everything.)

My wife and I went to see Wallace and Gromit last night. I loved it. Right from the moment the theme music started up, I was in my Happy Place™. I've been waiting for this film for a while, and it didn't disappoint me in the least. It had everything I wanted: wacky inventions, giant bunnies, Gromit's endlessly expressive facial expressions, Wallace's good-natured so-smart-he's-kind-of-dense personality, and some brilliant action scenes, including a dogfight sequence with coin-operated carnival planes. Best use of plasticine ever.

Tonight: off to see March of the Penguins at the Evans, the small arthouse/second-run theatre where I volunteer. I'm looking forward to it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home