Hey Genius!

You forgot to wear pants!
Ha ha! Made you look!

July 14, 2005

Sometimes a screwdriver just ain't enough.

7/14/2005 05:04:00 p.m.

Sometimes you really just want to disassemble the computer with a sledgehammer.

A machine died at work today, and because it's a web-facing one, I got called about it. Looks like the motherboard is broken, but subtly broken; everything spins up, the keyboard lights flash, but there's nothing else, not even a POST beep, and the reset button doesn't do anything. Great. So I've put the drive into a different physical machine, but of course it won't boot. Completely different hardware. So I know what I'm doing tomorrow morning.

Okay, enough geekiness. (Well, no, not really. Enough computer geekiness.)


Tonight I have judo, if anyone else shows up, and I'd like to write either some fiction or some PHP code. (Oops, there's some more computer geekiness.) Or both.


I've seen a lot more dragonflies this year than in the past. On the other hand, I've got a lot more mosquito bites this year than any other year in the city. (Growing up in a small town with a sluggish river and lots of standing water tends to make the little beggars proliferate somethin' fierce, but I haven't lived there in over a decade...)

How's the weather, folks?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home