Hey Genius!

You forgot to wear pants!
Ha ha! Made you look!

July 08, 2005

So here's the way it is

7/08/2005 10:17:00 p.m.

In the town where I live, we normally get about 70mm (almost 3") of rain in the month of June. This June, according to Environment Canada, we got 280mm (about 11"), no lie. So the ground's already freakin' saturated.

Last night, in a little more than two hours, we got (you sitting down?) another 71.2mm. So in, say, 150 minutes, we got thirty days' worth of precipitation. Flood city. Apparently there were cars in the Wal*Mart lot that were windows-deep in water at one point. People kayaking down 34th Street. Seriously.

So it's little surprise that I have water in my basement again.

At least my street has a fairly noticeable slope, so there wasn't any kind of accumulation trying to sweep my car away. But still.

Pictures tomorrow. Honest.

(Bored? Sorry. I'm a Canadian. That means I talk about the weather. Incessantly. Eh.)

2 Comments:

At Sunday, July 10, 2005 11:18:00 p.m., Blogger Douglas Hoffman said...

Hey, man, look at you! You're blogging every freaking day.

I was tempted this weekend to blog about our unseasonably hot weather (high 70s -- ouch!) and now I'm glad I didn't. Don't you love global warming?

So come on over and participate in my contest, why dontcha?

 
At Monday, July 11, 2005 12:10:00 a.m., Blogger Pat J said...

hmmm...

We've had temperatures of 28-35°C, which works out to "freakin' hot*" on the Fahrenheit scale. The humidex (kind of like the wind-chill factor, but for summer) has been somewhere around 40** for a week or so.

Ouch indeed.

*90s-ish.
** 100-ish.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home